Weekly Events on Bonaire
The events listed are normally held each week at the same time and location.
- Enjoy a real Jamaican barbecue in the quiet landhouse setting at Landhuis DeTuin, on the road to Lac Cai, at Kaminda Lac #101. This dining event is open each Sunday from Noon until 6:00 PM and live music begin at 4:00 PM. The Landhuis DeTuin is managed by Bonaire’s training school, FORSA. Telephone +599 786-6816 or +599 701-1982.
- Bonaire’s Reef Renewal Foundation Bonaire gives a free slide presentation every Sunday evening at 6:30 PM at the pool bar of Buddy Dive Resort.
- Happy Hour at Captain Don’s Habitat is the place to be from 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM. Get your copies of the famous captain’s books, which are available for purchase. Telephone +599 717-8290.
- Aletta’s Semper Kontentu Goat Farm is open at 9:00 AM to meet the famous goats! Watch the milking process, cheese-making, and enjoy this special kunuku. Also available on Wednesdays and Fridays. Telephone +599 786-6950.
- Every Tuesday morning STCB (Sea Turtle Conservation Bonaire) goes to Sorobon to clean and repair the seagrass lines. Sorobon is the side of Lac Bai where the windsurfers surf. This is a prime windsurfing spot because Lac is very shallow and there is consistent wind. Unfortunately, this area also has seagrass beds that are vital to the marine ecosystem and that filter the water in Lac. Without these seagrasses, Lac will not be clean and clear, so to protect them from watersports activities, STCB has created floating barriers. Every week the lines need to be cleaned and repaired to continue to protect the seagrass beds and keep Lac Bai beautiful!
- Echo Parrot Foundation offers tours of the area surrounding Dos Pos each Wednesday at 4:30 PM. Meet at the Dos Pos windmill and bring good hiking shoes. Learn about this foundation’s efforts to protect the endangered lora, Bonaire’s parrot.
- Happy hour Divers’ Night at Zazu Bar at Bistro de Paris, located at the Harbour Village Marina. This is the place to be to rub elbows with Bonaire’s dive crews, and enjoy a free house rum when you buy a Coke!
- Sea Turtle Conservation Bonaire (STCB) presents a free slideshow entitled Sea Turtles of Bonaire at 8:00 PM at the rooftop classroom of Dive Friends @ Yellow Submarine. This takes place on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of each month.
- The Rotary Club Bonaire meets each Wednesday from 12:15 PM to 2:00 PM at the Courtyard by Marriott Resort, Piet B Room, and all Rotarians are welcome. Make a reservation by visiting their website.
- Aletta’s Semper Kontentu Goat Farm is open at 9:00 AM to meet the famous goats! Watch the milking process, cheese-making, and enjoy this special kunuku. Also available on Mondays and Fridays. Telephone +599 786-6950.
- Bonaire’s Bridge Club meets each Wednesday at 7:15 PM. Telephone +599 717-4200 or cellular +599 788-2819 for more information.
- JCI Bonaire (formerly known as Jaycees) meet the first Wednesday of each month from 7:30 PM to 9:30 PM at the ABVO building located at Kaminda Jato Baco #26. Everyone is welcome. Telephone Renata Domacasse at +599-9 516-4252 for additional information.
- 12-Step Meetings (Alcoholics Anonymous and NA) are held each Wednesday evening at Bonaire Basics. The meeting room is available from 6:45 PM, with the meeting beginning at 7:15 PM and ending at 8:30 PM. Email for more information.
- Bonaire’s Lions Club meets each 2nd and 4th Thursday of the month at 8:00 PM at Kaya Sabana #1. All Lions are welcome. Telephone +599-9 510-0710 for additional information.
- Aletta’s Semper Kontentu Goat Farm is open at 9:00 AM to meet the famous goats! Watch the milking process, cheese-making, and enjoy this special kunuku. Also available on Mondays and Wednesdays. Telephone +599 786-6950.
- Marshe di Playa is a local market organized by Boneiru Duradero in collaboration with Kriabon. It takes place each Saturday morning from 8:00 AM until 12:00 Noon in the parking area of Best Brands, located on Kaya Industria, just across the street from Warehouse Supermarket. Visitors can find a variety of products from local delicacies to arts and craftwork, sustainable products, locally produced beauty products, and fresh produce.
- Weekly Power Cleanup of Bonaire’s East Coast. Meet just south of Sorobon on Bonaire’s eastern coastline, just look for the sign. Each Saturday from 9:30 to 10:30 AM.
- The Mangazina di Rei Cultural Market is held in the morning on the last Saturday of each month at their location just outside Rincon.
- The Bonaire Animal Shelter offers its version of a garage sale at Pakus di Pruga each Saturday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The market is located in Kralendijk, across from the Brandaris Café, at Kaminda Libertador Simon Bolivar. Telephone +599 717-4989 for more information.
For information on dialing a Bonaire phone number from off-island, see the Telephone page.