Travel Advisory for U.S. citizens on Bonaire who are still vacationing.
The U.S. Consulate General Curacao has issued a health and travel alert for all American citizens in the Dutch Caribbean.
As of March 18th, there are no cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) on Bonaire, or its sister islands of Saba and St. Eustatius.
The governments of all islands of the Dutch Caribbean have implemented enhanced screening and quarantine measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19. Travelers should be prepared for travel restrictions to be put into effect with little or no advance notice. U.S. citizens who are considering returning to the United States are urged to work with their airlines to make travel arrangements while flights are still available. All six islands of the Dutch Caribbean have barred admission to travelers who are not legal residents of the respective island. Flights departing the respective islands to the United States are quickly being canceled and most airlines are reporting they will have no flights after Sunday, March 22.
Many travelers worldwide have reported unexpected flight cancellations and limited flight availability. If your travel has been disrupted, please contact your airline.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 3 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice.
Actions to Take for U.S. citizens on Bonaire:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines, cruise lines, or travel operators regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Consulate webpage on COVID-19 https://cw.usconsulate.gov/news-events/covid-19-information/ for information on conditions in the Dutch Caribbean.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
Assistance for U.S. citizens on Bonaire:
U.S. Consulate General Curaçao
J.B. Gorsiraweg #1
State Department – Consular Affairs
888-407-4747 or 202-501-4444