Car Rentals–Bonaire vehicle rental information.
Vehicle rental companies may charge for additional drivers. Manual transmission (stick shift) is the norm for most vehicles, but automatic transmission vehicles are available in a limited supply, but usually cost more to rent. Automatics should definitely be reserved well in advance to insure availability. Although many rental companies are located at the airport, or just across the street, others are off-premises, but do supply airport or hotel pickup and delivery.
Important Facts About Car and Vehicle Rentals on Bonaire:
- Most cars are manual/standard transmission.
- Pickups tend to be the best option for shore divers.
- Your car insurance or Gold Credit Card may not cover your rental (CDW).
- Yes, we drive on the right side of the road. Most signs are in Dutch/International symbols.
- Some rental policies prohibit you from entering Washington Slagbaai National Park or going off-road except for jeeps and pickups. Be sure to check with your rental company.
- Government Tax: 6% sales tax on rental fee plus $4.00 per day government tax.
- Like anywhere, always lock up your vehicle and take care with your valuables. However at dive sites, we recommend you leave your windows rolled down and the vehicle unlocked using the security device provided by the rental agency.
- Minimum age 21-26 (varies from companies and depends on type of car).
- International drivers license or any valid license held for at least two full years.
- The deposit can be anywhere from $280 to $572. No cash deposit is needed when paying with an accepted major credit card.
The same rules of the road apply to mopeds, scooters, and bicycles as well. To learn more about driving on Bonaire, view the Traffic page.
Car Rental Companies:
|AVIS Car Rental|
|Back to Basic Bonaire|
|Bonaire Cruisers (golf cart rentals)|
|Bonaire Rent a Car|
|Budget Car Rental|
|Caribe Car Rental|
|Chrystal Rent a Car|
|Eco Car Rental|
|Everts Car Rental|
|FairMiles Car Rental|
|Flamingo Car Rental|
|Fox Bonaire Car Rental|
|Hertz Car Rental|
|PB Car Rental|
|Rento Fun Drive|
+44 (0) 1273 782005
|Telerin Car Rental|
|Top Drive Car Rental|
|Tropical Car Rental|
|Trupial Car Rental|
There are also several gas (petrol, or fuel) stations on Bonaire offering unleaded gasoline as well as diesel.
Gas Stations on Bonaire
|Kaya Industria 10|
|Kaya Korona 107|
|Kaya Tribon 1|
For information on dialing a Bonaire phone number from off-island, see the Telephone page.